Saturday, January 1, 2011

Too-Enough

I have always disliked New Year's Resolutions. This time of year was a painful reminder of all the things I believed were "wrong" with me. I have always been "too"; too big, too loud, too opinionated, too wild, too different, too much, too... you get the idea! The list in my own mind was TOO long! Strangely, the problem was that I really felt that I wasn't "enough"; not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not kind enough, not good enough, just not enough....

This year I am ready to embrace the dicotomy that is ME. I love that I still have things to learn! I accept that I am not exactly where I thought I would be at this age. I am pleased at how much I have already learned and am ready to dive into the future, accepting that I am exactly who I am and that is "Too-Enough".

My keywords for 2011 are:

"Simplicity"

"Acceptance"

"Creativity"

"Laughter"

and

"Joy"



I will be sharing the journey on this blog so that I can remind myself next year at this time that I have, in fact, been on a journey. So, buckle up 2011, we have places to go, things to do, and people to meet....




3 comments:

  1. I love this, Aimee. And boy, do I know those insecurities! Too loud, too opinionated, not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough... oh yeah. And we just don't see ourselves the way others see us, you know?

    Beautiful, kind, smart, funny, gregarious, amazingly talented, loving, giving... these are the characteristics/descriptors I've always thought of when I think of you. And yes, wonderfully loud, and gloriously opinionated! Of course, as I am loud, and I share your opinions, these are GOOD thing! LOL

    I share many of your words for the coming year. Simplicity for sure. Acceptance of the challenges tossed my way. Creativity!!! Finding ways to let my creativity flow, and then finding ways of making a living through it, so that we can live on OUR terms, and tell society with its expectations and demands to fuck the hell off. This may mean a small income. See: Simplicity. Joy, in my life, in my family, in the world around me, in the simple things. And then also Trust, in myself and the universe.

    I love you Aimee. I love that you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I like your keywords for 2011. Good luck on living them. Thanks for looking around for the granny square coat pattern for me. And, our beach is on Cape Cod! love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good New Years Resolution would be to love yourself no matter what.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete